Monday, November 26, 2012

Walking Into People's Homes And Barbini



Its quite the uncanny feeling really when doing Estate clean outs,
You walk into someone's home and trudge through their massive collection of wares they have amassed over the countless years. I sometimes can feel like a explorer entering a pyramid for a first time.
I have seen some of the most craziest, unnecessary , and wacky kinds of homes in my life.
The one I was in today had a massive amount of candy strewn across the place. It was pretty weird, every corner I searched I could find candy wrappers and uneaten sweets strewn about the house. I swear if the story of Hetzel And Gretel were ever true, I have found the house they were lured to.
Yet through my extensive search I realized I was dealing with a doctor who's wife was a diabetic. All of a sudden the misplaced candy makes sense to me. Its kind of a moral here that you cant really judge a person till you know his mental process but then again we do know there are people who truly have gone off the edge.

Yet I feel as though I am boring you with quite the story, your here to be entertained in the world of Art and Antiques are you not?

Ill start with a glass blower that truly inspired me, whose name is Alfredo Barbini,
Barbini was born from a family of glassblowers on the islands of Murano which I believe lies nearby Venice.
This Italian glass maker who was born in 1912 began working at the young age of 13.
Unfortunately some adult can even master glassblowing at their prime ages, yet this adolescent began his journey on the road to success as one of the most respected glass artists of the 20th century and becoming quite the modernist.
Alfredo Barbini has had the chance to work with some of the greatest, which includes the famed and acclaimed Archemede Seguso (if you do not know who that is I will eventually cover him, hes quite the favorite of mine)!
He eventually opened his own firm in 1950 and still lives on today as a legend in the glass industry.
I currently have had the privilege of holding one of his pieces! (which is actually up for sale here if you are interested in even just viewing!) which I believe is actually signed by Barbini himself! Isn't it remarkable to hold history??!!

Thank you for taking you time to view this! If there is a topic you'd wish Id cover please email me and I will research and discuss it,

And as always feel free to reach me at any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment